Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Baby Michael celebrated his 3 week birthday Wednesday with his first Halloween!  He dressed up as a little tiger (his costume was a gift from our friend Melissa M.), and he had a secondary pumpkin costume, but... well the hat with the pumpkin face was NOT Michael's cup of tea. So, he was only a pumpkin head for a few minutes- long enough to take some pictures! We drove up to my parents house (my family that came to visit last weekend are still here thanks to Hurricane Sandy). Michael spent the afternoon hanging out with his great-grandparents, great aunt, grandfather, and uncle. Then we drove back to Athens, picked Rob up from school and went to a Halloween cookout hosted by one of Rob's classmates. It was fun- burgers, dogs, s'mores- but we were only able to stay a couple of hours cause baby boy was tired. It was a big day for him.  I LOVE Halloween, so I am really looking forward to when little Michael can go trick or treating and rock some awesome costumes!

As I mentioned earlier, my grandparents and aunt came down to meet the new baby. I knew my grandparents were coming, but I had no idea that my aunt would be coming too! I was so excited when she walked in! Yay for surprises! I really love my family, and I am super happy that I get to share them with Michael! My grandmother is completely in love with him, she barely let anyone else hold him! She and my aunt were pretty much fighting over him the whole week. If I wasn't breastfeeding I wouldn't have been able to hold him at all. The best part of the weekend? My aunt likes changing dirty diapers... so yeah I took advantage of that while she was here! I'm sad that they will be leaving soon, but they are all visiting again (along with another aunt, three uncles, and two cousins) at Christmas. Baby Michael's first Christmas- YAY!   Of course before Christmas we have Thanksgiving and Shelly's (Rob's sister) wedding out in Arizona. Michael is excited for his first plane trip (I'm dreading it of course), so he can meet his aunt and his Seerley great grandparents, oh and of course attend his first wedding.

As for me? Mommy and baby have finally settled into a routine... for the most part anyway. Michael usually eats every 2.5-3 hours, so I have some time in between to feed and bathe myself plus do a few chores (usually baby related). The house is a total wreck but such is life with a new baby. I can't believe Michael is almost a month old already, it's amazing how fast things seem to be going. I'm torn, I am dying for him to sleep through the night, but I don't want my baby to grow up too fast either!

In other pregnancy news- one of my best friends just found out she is going to have twins AND one of my best friends growing up is pregnant with triplets! I have been thinking about these two ladies during my midnight, 2am, and 4 am feedings. I used to want twins and thought having multiples would be so much fun. Yeah... after waking up two or three times a night and changing a bazillion diapers in the last three weeks, I'm good with just the one baby right now! I'm not sure I could handle more than one at a time, even with Rob being as supportive as he has been. BUT! I know that these ladies have great family and friends to support and help them once their babies arrive, and I know that they will both be really amazing mothers. Especially since their mothers are such great role models.

I posted some new pictures on our website, threeisntacrowd.shutterfly.com (and as always, let me know if you need the password). Check out my cute Halloween tiger!  I realized today that I have about 0 pictures of me and the baby... I need to rectify that!



No comments:

Post a Comment