Baby Michael is just about 6 weeks old now! I cannot believe how quickly time is going by, and how quickly he is growing. Having a baby is intense in so many ways, and there are a million products out there that are supposed to make your life easier with your new baby. I was lucky enough to have quite a few friends have babies before me (some just a few months before me), and I took advantage of their baby raising knowledge and advice! Now that I am on the mommy side of the fence, and since I have some preg friends, I thought I would share some things that Rob and I have found to be especially useful!
Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets- These are great! My favorite thing about these are that they are muslin, so if they happen to cover the baby's nose or mouth while sleeping, he can still breath through it! I tested it on myself, I could still breath while the blanket was wrapped around my face like a mummy wrapped in linen! The lightweight muslin is also nice because it keeps baby warm without overheating him. I like packing one of these in our diaper bag because they are very lightweight and don't take up a lot of room. Plus, they come in loads of cute patterns, and you have organic and bamboo options.
Baby Magic Lotion- I love Baby Magic. My mom used it when both my brother and I were babies. The lotion smells great and is light and not greasy. Baby Michael gets baby massages everyday with this lotion, and he smells like new baby until his next bath. Incidentally, we use Baby Magic Hair and Body Wash during bath time- it smells equally baby-tastic. (Mommy also loves this lotion on her dry hands after washing a breast pump accessories and bottles a hundred times a day).
Soothing Motions Glider- This is a great product to have outside the bedroom/nursery. The glider lives in our den, and Michael takes his naps in it during the afternoon. The hammock part can pivot around, so he can rock side to side, front to back, or diagonally. It also plays super obnoxious music, that feature is rarely used. It does kind of have a big footprint, but it's totally worth it when I can nap on the couch and have him just a few feet away!
Grass Drying Rack- I love everything about this thing! It's super cute and it's actually a pretty great drying rack. Rob's sister, Shelly, got this for us as a gift, along with three flowers that you can pop onto the grass (we don't have the tree that's in the picture). I can cram so much stuff onto this thing it's mind blowing. The grass is great for bigger things like bottles, and the flowers are great for smaller breast pump accessories and nipples and collars. And it is also a perfect size for our small kitchen (there is a larger base, called Lawn, if you have more space), and really I love anything that is brightly colored!
Wipes Warmer- This was a product I didn't even consider registering for until a friend said she loved hers. We got ours as a shower gift and we love it too. Baby Michael would scream like we were stabbing him from day one with diaper changes, but low and behold- warm wipes did the trick. Huge reduction in screaming! In fact, we liked this warmer so much, we got the travel version too! The travel version comes with a car plug and a regular ac adapter- awesome. Travel warmer is going to come in handy since we will be in Arizona for 4 days over Thanksgiving!
In other baby related news Baby Michael will be making his first cross country trip this week. We fly to Arizona on Wednesday for Thanksgiving/Shelly's wedding. While I am looking forward to the festivities, I am still nervous about the FOUR HOUR flights. I will be armed with full bottles and plenty of pacifiers. I'm hoping he'll just sleep most of the time, but we shall see! Michael has some cute clothes to wear this week, so I update our picture website when we get back on Sunday.
ps- I did not have time to proofread this cause baby was crying, so sorry for any typos or grammatical errors!

No comments:
Post a Comment