Things have been trucking along here in Athens with our new baby. Rob and I are settling into a sort of routine with the baby, but the three of us are still working that out. Waking up every two hours at night is pretty rough- especially when Rob is totally out cold and I'm trying to feed, change, and calm a fussy baby. Kind of makes me want to punch him right in his peacefully sleeping face, he's lucky that I love him and it's impossible to punch him when I need to hold Michael with both hands. Oh well, I know these two hour feedings will end soon and I'll be sad that he's getting so big.
Speaking of getting big, Michael is finally back to his birth weight of 6 pounds 2 ounces. We had several doctor appointments for weight checks after we were discharged from the hospital, and now we don't have to go back until Michael's two month check up. Baby boy is looking bigger in general- his head, hands, and feet aren't SUPER tiny any more. Which is good health wise, but again- I can't believe he is growing so fast!
Being a mom is pretty great so far, even during the awful middle of the night feedings. Rob and I have had a couple of midnight scares though. The second night we were back here, my alarm went off. I turned the alarm off, fed and changed the baby and went back to sleep. I woke up 45 minutes later and realized I had dreamt the whole thing. I freaked out, jumped out of bed, sure that Michael had starved to death. He was fine of course. Since then I have had quite a few dreams in which I fell asleep while holding or feeding him in bed. These totally scare me because I'm positive I've suffocated him. The absolute worst night was when Rob had gotten up to feed him. An hour after Michael was fed, Rob flew out of bed and started pulling all the blankets, sheets, and pillows off the bed. He said he fell asleep holding the baby and was looking for him. when Rob couldn't find him, I freaked out even more and asked if he had fallen off our bed. After having heart attacks for a good 5 minutes, we realized the baby was in his cradle- he was just fine. So yeah, I love being a mom- but I could do with out horrible nightmares about accidentally hurting my baby.
The nursery is 99% finished. I just need to find a book case and hang a couple more pictures, and it's done. The baby is still sleeping in our room right now (so much easier with all the overnight feedings and changings), so there is still time to finish the last details. Once it's all done, I'll post some pictures here to share. I think it's coming out great!
Speaking of pictures, I added new photos to our website-threeisntacrowd.shutterfly.com. If you need the password, let me know and I will send it along. I will post one picture here. Rob was pretty excited for Michael's first UGA gameday last Saturday, and he is VERY excited for the upcoming Georgia v. Florida game this Saturday. Michael already has two UGA football jerseys- they are too big, but he's still freaking cute.
| Wonder what Rob would think if I put him in a GA Tech jersey for the UGA v. Tech game... ;) |

No comments:
Post a Comment