Tuesday, October 16, 2012

One week later...

Well... I guess Baby Michael had me eating my words about wanting him to come early!  After writing and posting the blog last week I felt just fine. By 5pm, not so much. I'll write a better post about Michael's entrance into the world when I have more time. Basically, we were at the hospital by 8pm, and Michael arrived at 1:39 am. I labored about 9 hours and his actual delivery only took about 7 minutes. Oh, and if you really want to hate me, I've already dropped about 15 pounds (thank God for breastfeeding), and I'm only 10 away from my pre-pregnancy weight. It seems that karma is doing me a solid after my horrible first trimester.

Since Michael was 4 weeks early, they consider him a premie. :( Sad day. However, he is healthy and happy. We just have to keep an eye on his weight and keep him away from the real world for about two weeks. And since he will be a week old tomorrow, he only has one more to go!

Rob and I are totally in love with him, and I am selfishly enjoying keeping him away from people cause I want to be with him all the time! Rob is an amazing dad so far, and has probably changed more diapers than me. I knew I picked a winner in him!

You may have noticed we haven't posted any pictures of the baby on facebook (if you are a facebook user anyway). Rob and I are paranoid new parents, and we aren't sure if we want any pictures of him on fbook. However, we love our family and friends (near and far) and we do want to share pictures (and hopefully videos soon) of our new baby. I created a private online album you can check out: http://threeisntacrowd.shutterfly.com/.  Just shoot me an email or facebook message and I will give you the password. We will continue to add pictures as we take them. I would have more but all I do is feed him, change him, and sleep!

Also, thank you to everyone who has sent well wishes and congratulations our way. We are so happy and thankful to have all of you in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment