Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Toilet Humor

At 5:45 this morning I heard whining turn to crying. I dragged my mommy bum out of bed and went to Michael's room. After a diaper change my sleepy baby nursed for a while while dozing. Unfortunately for me he did not want to go back to sleep. So at 7, I handed him off to Rob who had been studying since before I got up with Michael. I headed back to our room in the hopes of catching a few more Zzzzs. It was not meant to be.

I heard Rob reading his notes out loud and he told Michael he had halitosis. Then a pause, then Rob yells, "Did you change his diaper?" I said that I had, but it'd been an hour and a half since then. Next thing I hear is Rob apologize to the baby for the bad breath comment, cause Michael had one FULL diaper. Then I heard, "OHH, oh, Michael!!!!" Not going to lie, it made me smile. And maybe laugh. And I didn't feel bad about it. 

Rob, and a very smiley Michael, came  into our bedroom to show me the poop smear on Rob's new crisp white shirt. I laughed again. As Rob pulled off his zip up hoodie, I heard, "Aww MAN!" Yep, poop on the hoodie. As he was changing his shirts, I jokingly said that he better check to make sure his shorts were poop free. Rob stomps back out of the closet and thrusts his leg toward me. Total outfit annihilation. Michael somehow managed to get poop on every piece of clothing Rob had on. I laughed again.

While I managed to escape being covered in poop, Michael had something up his sleeve for me. After breakfast, Michael and I played in the living room and at 8:30 we put on PBS to watch Dinosaur Train. We were snuggled up together on the couch when I heard a crash. Freddy had knocked over his 435th water glass (he's been in trouble A LOT lately). Of course the glass was full so water was all over the table, soaked the placemats, ran off onto the chairs and the floor. After several dish towels and chasing Fred around the house, I realized Michael had been really quiet the whole time.

I peek over at the couch, and he is still there, kind of rolling around and laughing. I went back to cleaning up water, put the glass in the sink and towels in the wash. I go back to plop down on the couch next to baby. Michael was still rolling around on his tummy and laughing, but as I was sitting down I noticed his diaper was undone. Thank God it was only a pee diaper cause next thing I know he's pulled it completely off. Boy oh boy did he think it was HILARIOUS!

For the next hour he tromped around the house with only his pj shirt on. He must have felt quite liberated because he was talking and laughing and screaming. Toys were being tossed everywhere, Fred had his tail pulled a few times, and everything within reached was pulled down and/or off shelves. Now he's completely passed out. I guess naked adventure time will do that to people.

Oh, and another tooth popped out! That makes four! Yay!

Since I don't have any pictures of Rob covered in poop, and I am certainly not posting naked baby pictures online, here are pictures of Freddy after he got in trouble. You can see he felt terrible.


No comments:

Post a Comment