We are finally back to normal after a week and a half of teething and a weekend of a 101 degree fever! The week before this one, Michael was SOOOOOOOO crabby and needy. He was cranky all the time, needed to touch me at all times, didn't want to nap, wouldn't eat any solids, and wanted to nurse for 2 hours at a time. It was a pretty intense week. We could see that one of his top teeth was about to make an appearance, so we figured baby boy was a hot mess because of that. Unfortunately, last Thursday-Friday night when he woke up to eat, he was burning up. Turned out he had his first fever! He had felt a bit warm throughout the week, so I felt like a jerk mom who wasn't being attentive enough. :(
 |
| Couch Potato |
We gave him some Tylenol and took him to the doctor. Michael's ears and throat looked fine, and his lungs and tummy sounded ok. Our doctor figured it was a virus of some sort, and wanted us to watch him over the weekend and bring him back if he wasn't feeling better by Monday. After a really difficult Friday night (woke up at 2, up crying til 4, more Tylenol, up with daddy til 7, woke mommy back up), he slept through the night on Saturday without a peep! Since last Saturday he has had ok sleeps, waking up just once or twice and sleeping til around 7:30 or 8. The past few nights have only had one wake up! Not going to complain about that. I can't believe that in 18 days it will have been a whole year from my last full night of sleep. Oh, and I'll have a one year old baby in 18 days too!
 |
| First time having pizza last night. He loves it just like his mommy. |
As mentioned earlier, M was teething and three days ago tooth #3 graced us with its presence! Thank God, cause I freaking hate teething. It looks like the other front top tooth will come in soon, so maybe we will be a four teeth baby by his birthday. He'll need those teeth to help eat his birthday cake!
 |
| Caught trying to harass Freddy |
Speaking of birthdays, I cannot wait for his party! I finished making his favors yesterday. I think they are freakin' adorable. This week my goal is to work on the decorations and hopefully finalize the menu. I'm most excited that my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are going to come down from NY/NJ and help celebrate! Yay!
Ok, Rob is home for the time being so I want to wash my hair while he watches baby! Nothing like scheduling hair washes cause you're a mom!
 |
| Snuggled in his chair with his UGA blankie |
 |
| Laying waste to the living room during sesame street |
No comments:
Post a Comment