Tuesday, July 24, 2012

25 Weeks!

Another week down! I can't believe there are only a couple more weeks before I'm in my third trimester, and only about 15 weeks until Rob and I get to meet our Baby Boy.  And before you ask, no we haven't picked a name yet. Rob hasn't been in love with any names that we've discussed. Plus, because he has so much studying to do, we don't get to talk about names all that much.

Rob has made some thoughtful name suggestions. Here is an abbreviated list:

Rafiki (The baboon from Lion King)
Simba
Do Pushups
Hey You

Rafiki is his favorite and he brings it up every time we discuss names, and sings the "Squash Banana" song every time.  I honestly believe our kid would be Rafiki Seerley if Rob had his way. Perhaps if we name our son Rafiki, our next kid can be Simba, and we can play Circle of Life and have Rafiki present Simba to our families from Pride Rock. On the other hand, we really can't afford to get sued by Disney...

In other baby news, Rob has volunteered for "Calf Watch," at school. The cows at Ross are pregnant, and he has signed up for several shifts to monitor the cows for signs of labor/delivery/stress. Last night at 8pm, he went for his shift and one of the cows was in labor. Rob stayed til nearly 11pm hoping to see the baby cow, but no dice. He was pretty disappointed. I made the mistake of looking at his powerpoint about cow birth. Big mistake. Gross. I think babies should be beamed out of bellies, like in Star Trek. Someone invent that... seriously, before I give birth.  I'll even share it with the cows, and I hate cows.


How far along? 25 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  135 this week, +12.
Maternity clothes? Still wearing both regular and maternity.
Measurements: Waist: 37 inches, Hips: 38.5 inches. Same three weeks in a row. Interesting.
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Bleh. Uncomfortable and I wake up all the time.
What is Baby doing?  Baby Boy can now tell the difference between up and down. Maybe that is why he is moving around so much!
Best moment this week: I really love Rob's face when he feels or sees the baby moving.
Movement:.Yep, in fact, he is moving around right now! He's probably saying, "So many people read this blog, I'm clearly VERY popular."
Miss Anything? Not really. I miss pizza again, but that's a geographic issue not a preg issue. 
Food cravings: Still nothing.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not sick or queasy, but I think I might have a slight pasta aversion. I can eat it no problem, it's kinda like eating something I'm just not in the mood for at all. 
Have you started to show yet: Yup. 
Gender: Boy! 
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in. All my baby books said it'd be popped out by now. I have one stubborn belly button.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Mostly happy. Although I randomly get upset over stupid stuff (Rob would probably argue that is not a pregnancy symptom). I cried for like an hour cause he was studying at school and I missed him. Not my style- usually.
Looking forward to: My plan is to enjoy my last two weeks on the island, and then throw myself into setting up our new house (especially the nursery!) once I'm back in the states!



No comments:

Post a Comment