This past weekend I attended a baby shower for Tracey. She is a fellow VIP on the island, and is about 8 months pregnant. My friend Catherine hosted, and everything was SUPER cute. I told her she needs to come home with me and throw me an equally adorable baby shower. Catherine posted pictures online, and as when I was looking through them I noticed a picture of this girl sitting on a lounge chair facing away from the camera, and I though, yech... that girl looks so fat in her bathing suit. In the next picture, she was facing the camera, and then I realized, Oh! That fat girl is me! That's what I get for judging. :)
Rob and I finally celebrated our 2nd anniversary this past weekend. We went to Carambola and had a really nice dinner. Afterwards we sat on the beach for a while just chatting about the baby and moving home. It was pretty great. After two years abroad, moving home seems almost strange. Of course, we'll be adding a baby to the mix not long after we get home, so it will be our first adventure on US soil. Probably a good thing, since we'll need all the help we can get with Baby Boy!
![]() |
| Not my best shot Rob took the picture from a low angle, so it looks like I have a tiny head. |
How far along? 24 Weeks. Only 16 weeks to go!
Total weight gain/loss: 134. 11 pounds up!
Maternity clothes? I love elastic waist bands. Rocking a normal human shirt right now, despite my big tum. One benefit to carrying Baby Boy kinda low.
Measurements: Waist: 37 inches, Hips: 38.5 inches- same as last week.
Stretch marks? Nope. I might make Palmer's my everyday lotion even after Baby Boy is born!
Sleep: Still hit or miss, but not awful.
Movement: Baby Boy is a mover and a shaker. Not only have I noticed my tummy moving, but while watching tv the other day, Kate (our roommate) noticed my tummy wiggling. She said, "Um... was that the baby?" Yes, yes it was.
Miss Anything? I miss sitting down and standing up normally. I feel like an old man. Especially when I try to get up off a beach chair.
Food cravings: Nope. It's probably best, since I would probably crave something I can't get in St. Kitts.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling good!
Have you started to show yet: People have started saying hello to me AND the baby/my tummy when I see them. Also, I want to thank my island BFF Trevor- he told me I look great for a pregnant lady! And really, every preg lady wants to hear that.
Gender: Boy!
Total weight gain/loss: 134. 11 pounds up!
Maternity clothes? I love elastic waist bands. Rocking a normal human shirt right now, despite my big tum. One benefit to carrying Baby Boy kinda low.
Measurements: Waist: 37 inches, Hips: 38.5 inches- same as last week.
Stretch marks? Nope. I might make Palmer's my everyday lotion even after Baby Boy is born!
Sleep: Still hit or miss, but not awful.
What is Baby doing? Baby Boy is packing on the pounds! Ok, more like ounces... Baby is going from skinny, wrinkle-y, and see-through to chubby and pink! Baby Boy's body is starting to produce fat, and blood vessels under the skin are forming and filling with blood- giving his skin an opaque pink color. This means that I'll be packing on the pounds at a faster rate. Oh, and a few people have asked about all the fruit comparisons. I get them from this website.
Best moment this week: Tie between finally celebrating our 2nd anniversary (yay for being married to Robbie!), and our baby crazy friend Matt (yes, Matt is a guy) feeling the baby move. He almost peed his pants with excitement!Movement: Baby Boy is a mover and a shaker. Not only have I noticed my tummy moving, but while watching tv the other day, Kate (our roommate) noticed my tummy wiggling. She said, "Um... was that the baby?" Yes, yes it was.
Miss Anything? I miss sitting down and standing up normally. I feel like an old man. Especially when I try to get up off a beach chair.
Food cravings: Nope. It's probably best, since I would probably crave something I can't get in St. Kitts.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling good!
Have you started to show yet: People have started saying hello to me AND the baby/my tummy when I see them. Also, I want to thank my island BFF Trevor- he told me I look great for a pregnant lady! And really, every preg lady wants to hear that.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still in. I'm pretty proud of BB. Rob was making fun of it last night cause it's so shallow, but good ol' belly button is still in and not giving up just yet.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Hmm. I am generally happy, but as each day goes by I get a little bit more bummed about leaving St. Kitts and our friends.
Looking forward to: Even though I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to our island paradise, I am looking forward to settling down in our new place in Athens. I can't believe we'll be in ONE place for nearly three years!
Belly Button in or out? Still in. I'm pretty proud of BB. Rob was making fun of it last night cause it's so shallow, but good ol' belly button is still in and not giving up just yet.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Hmm. I am generally happy, but as each day goes by I get a little bit more bummed about leaving St. Kitts and our friends.
Looking forward to: Even though I am not looking forward to saying goodbye to our island paradise, I am looking forward to settling down in our new place in Athens. I can't believe we'll be in ONE place for nearly three years!


No comments:
Post a Comment