In case you missed my last post, Rob and I are having a baby boy! We're very excited! Especially my father in law who has already been buying camouflage clothing for Baby Boy. In case you don't read our regular blog, Rob has shingles. So even though I am back in St. Kitts, I haven't been home yet. I've never had chicken pox, and they can be very dangerous during pregnancy. Since you can catch chicken pox from shingles, I can't be near Rob, or in our house, until his skin clears. That could be anywhere from 1-3 weeks. Bummer. I am currently staying with two couples we are friends with: Brayton and Leann Hill, and Emily and Andrew Cope. I am so glad they have a spare room. My digs are very nice, and I have my own bathroom.
However, I do have good news! (Our friends in St. Kitts might disagree) Rob got into University of Georgia's College of Veterinary Medicine!!!! This means that we are moving back to the Dirty South in mid-August. I would say for good, but with me and Rob, you never know! The best part is he gets to start right away, as a second year student! Sometimes when you transfer you need to take a semester or two off, or they make you start back at first year.
Rob and I will hopefully be reunited soon, and enjoy our last 8(ish) weeks here on St. Kitts with all the amazing people we've met, and before we go home to be with all the amazing people we've missed the last two years! Oh, and to have a baby. That too!
How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 133, up 10 lbs. (but I JUST ate dinner, and Brayton said I am getting fat cause I live with the Hills)
Maternity clothes? Still got both, but I did get to wear my mommy bathing suit to the beach Saturday!
Measurements: Waist 36 inches, Hips 39.5 inches
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: I'd be sleeping better if I was in MY bed with Rob... but I've been sleeping just fine at the Hill/Cope house.
Movement: This week... I think I am feeling some movements! Yay! Finally!
Miss Anything? I already miss American food (variety and deliciousness), especially fresh fruit
Food cravings: Nope.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: Everyone here thinks I look pregnant!
Gender: Boy! I knew it! I should have never doubted myself. (And no, we haven't picked out names yet)
However, I do have good news! (Our friends in St. Kitts might disagree) Rob got into University of Georgia's College of Veterinary Medicine!!!! This means that we are moving back to the Dirty South in mid-August. I would say for good, but with me and Rob, you never know! The best part is he gets to start right away, as a second year student! Sometimes when you transfer you need to take a semester or two off, or they make you start back at first year.
Rob and I will hopefully be reunited soon, and enjoy our last 8(ish) weeks here on St. Kitts with all the amazing people we've met, and before we go home to be with all the amazing people we've missed the last two years! Oh, and to have a baby. That too!
How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 133, up 10 lbs. (but I JUST ate dinner, and Brayton said I am getting fat cause I live with the Hills)
Maternity clothes? Still got both, but I did get to wear my mommy bathing suit to the beach Saturday!
Measurements: Waist 36 inches, Hips 39.5 inches
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: I'd be sleeping better if I was in MY bed with Rob... but I've been sleeping just fine at the Hill/Cope house.
What is Baby doing? So, according to the website I use for this section, the baby should be 10.5 inches and weight about 12 ounces. However, after my ultrasound, the baby measured closer to 13 inches and 13.5 ounces! We have a big boy! He is also developing his tastes buds, so I hope he enjoyed the BBQ chicken I had for dinner.
Best moment this week: The ultrasound technician letting me skype Rob during my appointment so he could see the baby, hear his heartbeat, and find out the sex "with" me.Movement: This week... I think I am feeling some movements! Yay! Finally!
Miss Anything? I already miss American food (variety and deliciousness), especially fresh fruit
Food cravings: Nope.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.
Have you started to show yet: Everyone here thinks I look pregnant!
Gender: Boy! I knew it! I should have never doubted myself. (And no, we haven't picked out names yet)
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button in or out? In, but just barely.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. I would be happier if I was home with Rob!
Looking forward to: Rob getting over shingles so I can move back to the Dolphin House!
Belly Button in or out? In, but just barely.
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. I would be happier if I was home with Rob!
Looking forward to: Rob getting over shingles so I can move back to the Dolphin House!


No comments:
Post a Comment