Saturday, October 12, 2013

Michael's a year old!

On Michael's actual birthday I tried to keep my phone and ipad off so I could focus all my attention on my birthday boy. It was totally worth it. Phones and internet can be so distracting sometimes.  As promised here is a more in depth birthday post!

We had a low key day cause Rob had a huge final exam on Friday morning and a surgery quiz Friday afternoon. Instead of a family dinner we had a family lunch cause Rob had a big break in the middle of the day. Michael's grandfather Don joined our bday party. Michael had his favorite foods- watermelon, mango, mozzarella cheese, and some squash. Oh and cake of course. I was going to make a healthy baby appropriate cake, but then I thought, what the hell. I'm making a regular cake that I know will taste yummy! He didn't get any icing, but he did like the cake! 

After lunch Michael and I took a walk around the neighborhood, and then played the rest of the day.  Nothing exciting or fancy, but loads of hugs and cuddles with my birthday boy. Michael had an extra long bath cause he loves playing in the water, and then we read a few of his favorite books. I have to admit, I cried a little when I was putting him to bed. I have really loved watching him grow and learn over the past year, but times goes so fast that it's heartbreaking.

He was very busy and would not sit still for his birthday photo. This is the best I got.

This was his last monthly sticker picture. He was done with it and ripped the sticker right off his chest. He's too grown up for that baby stuff.

Yesterday we had his one year check up. Michael is still little: 19lbs 2oz (25%) and 29.5in (50%). The doctor says his weight and height are fine, because he has consistently grown with each appointment. His development is pretty much on track, he's still not walking or standing up on his own, but we aren't worried.  Poor baby had four shots and his toe stuck! Michael was NOT pleased. Luckily we had given some Tylenol before hand, and he calmed down pretty quickly. We go back again in January when he is 15 months old.

Even though being a mom is hard work, it's definitely the best thing ever. Through all the ups and downs over the past year, it's all worth it because of Michael. He is such a happy, laid back and easy going baby. I can't imagine my life without him. I'm so thankful that I get to be his mommy!


No comments:

Post a Comment