This past weekend, Michael made his first trek to New York! My Aunt Calli was throwing my Uncle Gus a surprise birthday party. Since M hadn't met much of his NY/NJ family, missing the party was not an option.
Michael, my mother, and I flew up on Friday and stayed with my Aunt Diane, Uncle Dave, and cousin Nicole. Michael had loads of play and cuddle time with Diane, he totally loved her! Uncle Dave's deep voice freaked Michael out at first (seriously, he started screaming), but got over it pretty quickly. Nicole had to work while we were there, but she got some cuddles in too!
Saturday night was the party, and my uncle was genuinely surprised! The only person more surprised? Michael when everyone yelled, "Surprise!" Definitely scared the crap out of him! Everyone loooooooooved Baby Michael! I think 654 people he's never met before held him, and he didn't cry or fuss once. He was quite the party animal, and stayed awake most of the party, and the ride home to Jersey. He didn't fall asleep til 2am. Needless to say, he was so worn out that he slept through the night no problem! My cousins, Steve and Brigitte are pregnant with twins, and they did the gender reveal at the party- two girls!! Michael and I were hoping for boys, but he's still super excited for cousins his age!
Sunday morning my aunt, Thalia, threw a brunch for even more people to meet Michael. If I learned anything this weekend is that 1. Michael is the most popular person I know, and 2. If you are preg, enjoy all the attention, cause the minute the baby is born, no one cares about you anymore (seriously, my own grandmother didn't even say hi to me because Michael crossed her path before I did!). That night we went into the city to eat at Sal's, a tiny pizzeria that my family has been going to since my dad was a kid. I was a big fatty and had a deep fried calzone (freaking delicious, despite filling my arteries), and 3 slices of margharita pizza. Plus, I got to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins one last time!
Monday we lazed around in the morning and the headed back to Atl. Traveling was a nightmare. Delta wouldn't let me on the place because I got to the check in at 3:07 and my flight was at 3:45. They claimed I missed my flight because it was impossible for them to check my bag. As a courtesy, they put me on the next flight at no charge because I had a baby- and I should be thankful because usually they charge $100 for that. I asked when the next flight was, it was at 5pm, but delayed 45 min (and really it didn't take off til 6:20). So I get punished for being 7 min late, but they they get to put me on a flight delayed an hour and a half! The best part was that when I got to the gate, the flight I was originally on? Still at the gate, I watched the people get on it and push back and take off. All because the stupid mean lady at the ticket counter insisted I "missed" the flight because of my need to check a bag. Oh, and she said she could check my car seat and stroller, but not my luggage. So stupid.
Today we had our 6 month appointment with the doctor.Michael is 15lb 3oz, and is 25.5 inches long! His combined weight and height puts him in the 55 percentile, right in the middle of the pack! He looks great developmentally, and doesn't have any weird issues. We got the ok to start meat and trying out a sippy cup with water. Baby boy needs iron and fluoride! We don't need to go back until 9 months, and the best part- no shots at that appointment!






No comments:
Post a Comment