Tuesday, August 7, 2012

27 Weeks!

Oh 2nd trimester, I've really enjoyed our time together. You didn't make me sick or hate food, which I really appreciate. You did make me fat... but I'll let that slide. I wish I had more time to enjoy this last week with you, but I got a lot going on!

It's only Tuesday and it's been a big week. Sunday we had a small goodbye party here at the Dolphin House. The timing was awful, all the students have finals and have been studying like crazy. However, just about everyone invited made it out to the party. Rob and I really really appreciated all of our amazing St. Kitts family taking time out of their studying to spend one last day with me (Rob will stay throughout this week and next week to finish up his courses). Even more so, we were really surprised (and very grateful) to our friends who all chipped in and bought Baby Seerley some really really nice baby gifts! Thank you to everyone who helped make that happen, you are all the best ever!

I am going to miss my St. Kitts family a lot. It's hard to leave because I have no idea when I will see them again. Once our friends finish up in SK they could end up at any of the 20+ vet schools around the US for their clinical year. I am not so secretly hoping all our friends end up at NC State or Florida, OR against all odds, UGA will open up as an option for clinicals and EVERYONE gets sent to UGA. I would pee my pants if that happened.

Monday I took the kids to school and then went to Shipwreck Beach one last time, it's my favorite beach. Then, last night I went to the finals of flag football intramurals because the VIPs (their team is Vipers, get it? VIP-ers. Hilarious) were playing! (no they didn't win- bummer). Today Rob (with Trevor's help) has to drop our barrel off at the airport to get shipped back to the states. We figured since we were traveling separately, it would be easier to just ship some of the big awkward stuff back to the states. I am glad Trev is here cause I was not looking forward to loading an enormously heavy and awkwardly shaped barrel into our car. Tomorrow I head home. BUT before I leave I have to run a bunch of errands because St. Kitt's is celebrating Emancipation Day. The interesting thing about Emancipation Day is that it is actually August 1st, but St. Kitts chooses to celebrate this DAY over the first Monday and Tuesday in August,which is two days... the two days before I leave. So all the banks, court house, and grocery stores are closed. So I will be running around Basseterre tomorrow morning getting stuff done. THEN I will head to the airport around 1pm, and get back to Atlanta around 12:30 am. I have an insane layover.  The rest of the week will be running errands and getting all of the stuff in my parents basement sorted until I can move into our new place on Sunday! Oy, what a week!

Update: Rob and Trevor got back from the airport WITH our barrel. Even though the airport is open today, they told Rob he would have to come back with the barrel because, "It's a holiday." Only in St. Kitts is a business open, but not doing any business whatsoever!




How far along? 27 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  137, +14 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Still wearing both.
Measurements: Waist: 37 inches, Hips: 37.5 inches- I appear to be shrinking. 
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: Not so bad this week. Getting out of bed is another story.
What is Baby doing?  Baby Boy is breathing! Well, kind of; he is breathing amniotic fluid in and out to help develop his lungs and get them ready to breathe real air in 13 weeks! His baby brain is also now showing signs of activity!
Best moment this week: Enjoying time with our friends at our goodbye party on Sunday.
Movement:. Baby Boy is constantly on the move.
Miss Anything? I already miss St. Kitts!
Food cravings:  Still nothing, although I am looking forward to easy access to food in the states I can't get here!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. 
Have you started to show yet: Yep- big ol' belly.
Gender: Boy! Rob's newest name suggestion is Syn, as in Syn Seerley (sincerely).
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting close to flat.
Wedding rings on or off? On. 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy to go home, sad to leave St. Kitts.
Looking forward to: If you have been reading this blog all along, you know I hate being away from Rob. I am already looking forward to him finishing at Ross and being back with me and Baby Boy in our new place



No comments:

Post a Comment